Thursday, October 3, 2013

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I think I have finally perfected my chocolate chip cookie recipe! I put my butter and eggs on the counter about 30-60 minutes before I make the cookies. And if you can wait (I usually can't)-if you refrigerate your cookie dough for several hours (or even better-overnight), your cookies will be even more awesome!


1 cup butter (softened)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs (room temperature)
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups flour
1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375* (I have a convection oven-the temperature and times may need to be altered if you do not have a convection oven)

1. Beat butter on high for 30 seconds in an electric mixer (I use a Kitchen Aid mixer). Add sugars, baking soda, baking powder and salt-scrap sides of bowl. Beat in eggs and vanilla until combined. Stir in flour. Stir in chocolate chips.
2. Drop by rounded teaspoon (aka-whatever spoon you have in the drawer. I use a 1tbsp cookie scoop) onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 7-9 minutes depending on your oven and how gooey or brown you like your cookies! Makes about 60 cookies.


No comments:

Post a Comment